Strawberry Orange White Wine Sangria Recipe
Easy white wine sangria recipe
Make This Strawberry Orange White Wine Sangria Recipe with Downward Dog Wine Chardonnay
Who said white wine is just a summer drink? This winter, feel refreshed with a delicious glass of Strawberry Orange White Wine Sangria from My Food Story. (Which, BTW, has so much fruit in it, it’s practically healthy!)
This oh-so-sweet and citrusy sangria is just right for watching Hallmark movies by the fire, wrapping Christmas presents, or serving for a holiday brunch. It can be made with Downward Dog Wine Chardonnay, a toasty and toned wine that is 90% Chardonnay and 10% Chenin Blanc. Our Chardonnay smells like toasted brioche, baked golden apple, and beeswax, and it tastes of pineapple with subtle hints of caramel corn. It’s weighty enough for a full-bodied drinker, but otherwise has a lean, creamier front palate. It is clean, balanced, and refreshing!
To make this Strawberry Orange White Wine Sangria yourself, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced with peels on
- 1 cup basil, loosely packed
- 2 limes, sliced with peels on
- 1 bottle Chardonnay white wine (or ¼ box of Downward Dog Wine Chardonnay, as each box is the equivalent of 4 bottles of wine)
- ½ cup tequila, vodka, or brandy, based on your preference
- 3 cups sparkling water or soda
- In a large pitcher, add the slices of strawberries, oranges, and lime. Pour basil on top.
- Pour tequila and Chardonnay over the fruit and stir.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight if possible. (Note: The taste will intensify and get better as it sits in the fridge.)
- Pour in sparkling water right before serving.
This easy recipe only takes about 15 minutes prep time for a fantastic drink! And if you make it with Downward Dog Wine Chardonnay, you can make four batches with just one box of wine. Your guests will be thankful, trust us!