Spiced Cranberry Rose Spritzers
Tastes Even Better with Downward Dog Wine!
Spiced Cranberry Rosé Spritzers Taste Even Better with Downward Dog Wine!
Looking for a wine spritzer that will pair perfectly with your Thanksgiving dinner? Half Baked Harvest’s Spiced Cranberry Rosé Spritzers will have everyone reaching for more!
This festive drink is made with spiced cranberry jam, woodsy rosemary, a fruity Rosé, sweet elderflower liquor, fresh citrus, and spicy ginger beer. We recommend using a box of Downward Dog Wine Rosé when mixing this cocktail.
Our Rosé has an aroma of red grapefruit, white pepper, ripe strawberry, violets, and light florals, with a taste of zesty acidity, ripe raspberry, subtle dried cherry, and strawberry jam. It is a stunning taste that is a blend of Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chenin Blanc, and Gewürztraminer.
To make this drink for your holiday party, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon cardamon pods or ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 bottle Rosé (or ¼ box of Downward Dog Wine Rosé, as each box holds 4 bottles of wine)
- 4 ounces elderflower liquor
- 1/3 cup cranberry or pomegranate juice
- 2-3 dashes orange bitter
- 2 blood oranges or regular oranges, sliced
- 4-6 12-ounce ginger beers, to your taste
Instructions for Cranberry Syrup:
- Add water, honey, cranberries, rosemary, and cardamom to a medium pot, then boil over high heat.
- Boil 5 minutes or until cranberries begin to burst, then immediately remove from heat.
- Let cool, then remove the rosemary and cardamom. You can also strain out the cranberries.
Instructions for Spiced Cranberry Rosé Spritzers:
- Combine cranberry syrup, Rosé, elderflower liquor, cranberry juice, and orange bitters in a large pitcher.
- Chill for several hours (or up to two days) before serving.
- Add orange slices and ginger beer just before serving.
- Garnish with candied rosemary if desired.
Instructions for Candied Rosemary:
- Rinse rosemary sprigs, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sugar on all sides of rosemary, making sure its thoroughly coated.
- Dry on baking sheet for 1 hour.
- Make the rosemary up to one day in advance and store at room temperature.
- Garnish each glass of Spiced Cranberry Rosé Spritzers with a candied rosemary.
Overall, this drink takes 15 minutes of prep time (plus the optional prep time for candied rosemary), 5 minutes of cook time, and a few hours of cooling time for a delicious final product. It’s spicy, fruity, and sweet — perfect for a holiday party. And when you make it with Downward Dog Wine, you can make up to four batches with just one box!